“It’s beginning to look a lot like Ghostmas…”
Join us December 18th as we send the year off in style!
In addition to the standard party fare of eggnog and revelry, we’ll be sharing an excerpt of a new project (Pequeños Sueños), exchanging presents (White Elephant-style), and giving you the one gift you never knew you wanted: a drunk-staged-reading adaptation of The Grinch.
BONUS PRESENT: Holiday Party attendees will be the first to officially hear what’s in store for Coin & Ghost’s Second Season!
6:30 pm – Pequeños Sueños (followed by a talkback with the creators)
7:45 pm – Schmoozing
8:45 pm – Announcement of C&G Season Two
9:00 pm – The Drunken Grinchmas Spectacular
9:45 pm – White Elephant Gift Exchange
Admission includes a free drink ticket; wearing an ugly sweater earns you another.
The event will take place at a house in Highland Park — address will be provided in your confirmation email.
Due to both drinking and parking, we highly recommend you take an Uber/Lyft.
And as always — please drink responsibly!
About the Evening
- Pequeños Sueños: We recently approached Joseph Baca and Moses Leon Norton, two of our favorite theatre-makers, with an idea: a small ensemble, devised, physical piece about Mexican folklore and monsters. They came back to us and said “YES, AND — the Mexican monster we’d like to focus on is MACHISMO, and how it impacts and affects Latinx LGBTQ youth.” Pequeños Sueños is the first project in our GarageLab Series for New Works Development, and it will leap into your imagination with the force of the dream. We’ll be creating the project during a one-week workshop, then showing an excerpt at our Holiday Party — all with an eye on developing it into a full-length piece!
- White Elephant Gift Exchange: If you want to participate, bring a wrapped gift (costing no more than $20). All gifts will be placed in a central location, and participants will draw numbers out of a hat to determine which order presents will be picked. The first person opens a wrapped gift, and their turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person has the choice to either unwrap a new present or to “steal” another’s. When a person’s gift is stolen, that person can either choose another wrapped gift to open or can steal from another player. To avoid never-ending circles, each gift can only be stolen once per turn — and after a gift has been stolen three times, that gift is FROZEN and cannot be stolen anymore. The game is over when everyone has a present!
- Season Announcement: As we celebrate the end of 2018, C&G is thrilled beyond measure to announce the trio of projects that have been selected for our second season. Spoiler Alert: we’re incredibly excited.
- Drunken Grinchmas: There is a fine line between “holiday classic” and “festive shitshow.” Tonight, we straddle that line. We’ve taken everything you know and love about The Grinch and adapted it into a 30-minute staged reading, which doubles as a drinking game for actors and audience alike. Performed by a cast of C&G All-Stars, this Drunken Grinchmas is guaranteed to make your heart grow three sizes.
- Other Info: Mix, mingle, and dance the night away! Your entry ticket comes with a free drink, and wearing an ugly sweater earns you another one. Libations and snacks will also be on sale all night, with all proceeds going towards C&G’s upcoming projects. Limited parking is available, but we highly recommend you Uber/Lyft/Carpool!